Thursday, October 18, 2007

Roller Skating

I went roller skating last night. I saw pig-tailed 7 yr olds, Lesbians, cheesy couples and middle aged men. One such man was so into it he actually danced to the beat of the song whilst gliding around the dome. He was fast, I'll give him that, but still, I wonder if he knew others were present. And that he was dancing to Britney's newest. I mentioned the Lesbians. I'm not sure if they were the official card carrying type but they were decked out in shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee pads and a snarl that said "I will take you out." And not for a drink if you know what I mean. Every time they flew past me they grunted and I swear I saw smoke rise from their mouth. I steered clear.

The happy dancer and angry ladies were scary but it was the cheesy couples that did me in. Awww look, the girl doesn't know how to skate. Imagine that. Good thing she has her man to fondle I mean hold her. Some were more refined and just held hands, which would have been fine, even cute, but they insisted on ruining the moment with open mouthed smiles as if to say
"I love gliding beside you, I do, I do."

It was the music that threw me over the edge though. If your curious, go to imaflamer.com. It's available for download. And free if you have a roller skate membership.

Why go then John? I took the young adults, that's why. Problem was only 4 came. And they were the couples in love. Not the open mouthed ones mind you but still, its awkward, especially when I'm the youth minister and they're in love.

The night finally came to an end. We went for cheesecake after and I almost ordered an Appletini just because. I'm going back next Sunday. Taking the teens. Having ourselves a little Halloween party. Guys dressed up in costumes wearing makeup and girls dressed like meat eating carnivors. Hmm.

I think I deserve a raise.

John

3 comments:

Kamara said...

maybe the Lesbians play roller derby, that's why they're so serious.

Tyler said...

haha. great post. I also really enjoyed your previous one. good luck next sunday. there will probably be some really interesting people there on halloween. miss you man. T.

Anonymous said...

now i know where to take my next lesbian date.