Sunday, December 17, 2006

Unisex

Right now the kids are watching one of nearly a dozen Christmas specials they watch this time of year. Charlie Brown on ABC. They've already watched the The Chipmunks Christmas, Goofy's Chrismas, Mickey's Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Dora's Christmas and Strawberry Shortcake's Christmas. Oh yeah, Miracle on 34th St too. Next week at this time they'll watch Mickey's Christmas Carol again along with the Grinch. The classic one. Not the Jim "I'm trying so hard to make you laugh" Carrey one.

Now I know what you're thinking - "gees, does the TV ever shut off at the Closes." Yes it does. Don't judge less you be hit in the eye with a plank.

Besides our kids watching it up (living it up TV style) Angie and I tend to do our share of watching too. For instance, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, Family Man and Scrooged and next week at this time we'll plug in the greatest Christmas movie ever made. It's a Wonderful Life. That's the name of the movie. I wasn't being random. If you've never watched it your life is incomplete. I realize that's a bold statement and possibly even judgemental and. . .well. . .crazy talk but its that good. Just watch it. And try not to cry.

While we're on the topic of shows I need to confess, Angie asked me tonight what I felt like watching and I replied "actually I'm in the mood for some Gilmore Girls."(We own all 6 seasons) Since I've made my suggestion I've wondered on and off if I'm gay. I don't think I am because all Angie has to do is wink and I'm stark n. . .plus I watch sports all the time and am very free with my gas emissions. Still, here I am looking forward to chick tv and even admitting it to all of you. I'd love to say I just watch it for Ang but I don't. I'm hooked. The writing's sharp, witty and I find the stories to make me feel warm and fuzzy. Warm and fuzzy eh John. Yeah, you're gay. I think this is where the word "unisex" earns its keep. Btw - this is not what it sounds like. Unisex is all about things that are ok for girls and guys. Like the Gilmore Girls. Just watch it. And try not to cry.

I sat down to write tonight because I felt like it. Not because I had something to say.
Blogs are good for that.

John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dare not comment.......

Other than the fact that the Golmore Girls is a decent show that I watch with my wife too.....but I sure don't cry!!

Steve

Anya said...

hahahaha, yeah, the OC is unisex too.

I'll always love Gilmore Girls - it reminds me of mom, and sharing something...

Have a Merry Christmas!!

*loves*

Nic said...

well, although i personally don't see what Gilmore Girls has to offer (besides Rory), i'll let it slide this time because i watch the OC, which some people, not me, see as a girls show.

i also often write blogs for no good reason, so keep those up, you make me feel better about myself.

Nic said...

if you indeed went to that movie tonight, you will notice that i, in fact, did not give away the ending.
so, whatever old man close.. crybaby.