Tuesday, December 19, 2006

passport blues

I'm going to come right out and say that I don't recommend trying to get passports for the family just before Christmas on one of the office's busiest days (Monday- don't do it) with your kids in tow (big mistake) when you have misplaced your driver's licence (that was embarassing). I was desperate- who wants to devote another day to floating in a sea of cranky people, crying babies and tired passport issuers, so I signed the back of my Costco card and put on my best casual nothing wierd going on here face, but no luck. Tired passport guy just as casually handed it right back to me saying we only accept government issued, signature bearing documents.
I have my marriage licence....
Does it have your signature?
It could....
Well, he was nice, so no hard feelings.

Other than dreading and avoiding another day of looking for my licence and chatting it up with my government friends, things are fairly festive in these parts. I decided to chance it and put the presents under the tree- we'll see if Hugo tries to make a tasty snack out of them. Or play with, or burrow through, or attack and tear to shreds. We'll see. At least it looks pretty.

Ang

5 comments:

Aisling said...

I remember how much fun it was trying to get the boys pictures taken for their passports, earlier this year. They seriously think it's easy to get babies to keep their mouths closed for the 'acceptable' passport picture. Good luck on the second round.

As far as Hugo goes, good luck. We made the mistake of, one year, putting a box of chocolates under the tree, of which Max took the liberty of treating himself to. Seems chocolate isn't as deadly for dogs as some seem to think. :o)

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Yesterday we went to the zoo. As I pulled out the passes there was my darling wife's license. Grrrr.

Still, she is my wife so I will continue to stand by her. . .at the passport office. . .yet again. . .

Your whipping boy,

John

Anonymous said...

So, did you see any Oilers at the zoo?! ahahahahahaha, so funny. (I meant in the animal cages, not walking around like regular people...although it would not surprise as the zoo in Edmonton is probably second-rate too).

A wise man once said, "No Hemsky, No Smyth, No Moreau, no problem" Guess that means, "No Warrener, No Hamrlik, No Zuzyn, missing half the defensive core, no problem" too.

I love it!!

In all seriousness, I love it.....I mean Have a great Christmas with the family in the cozy house, with the cozy fire, with the cozy new windows, the cozy pets......you get the idea!

Hopefully, we can hook up in the New Year. How was bball?

Steve

The Ashby's said...

John, don't ever let a Flames Fan make fun of you! If they ever do all you need to do is refer them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJtJNDFwmDg

honestly, that's enough said.

Aisling said...

LOL, what a video. But it was the '80's after all. I'm sure an Oilers video wouldn't have been much better.

p.s: Hope you got the passports sorted.