Sunday, December 31, 2006

I wish I was Catholic

I felt like writing. The only problem is I have no idea what I will type about. I thought about doing a reflective "these are a few of my favorite things about 2006" type post but Tim and Jeremy already jumped on and rode that cliche wagon. I already wrote about Saddam, Canada didn't play today, the Oilers are sucking harder then a 3month old on a pacifier two sizes too big - and besides if I did write anything it would surely be laced with thees and thous. The family's great, Hugo's good, my holidays have been great and gone by fast, wow times flies, yada yada - gees, I really shoulda thought this through. But I felt like writing. Nick understands. Besides someone's gotta make up for all you slackers - especially Blair and Kamara - anyone know if in fact they are. . .still alive? Oh yeh, I guess Kamara's alive, after all there was that delightful comment about how Ang and I don't rok but still, she ain't writing and in blog world, that means your dead. So there Kamara, best be writing before you decompose any more. Happy New zing, I mean year to you to.

I suppose I could write about my New Year's Eve plans. Wow, I'm desperate.
Well, there will be no drinking, no tipsying, no haggling the elders to be my DD once again because this year our party will be dryer then the sense of humor in this sentence. We're teaming up with our good friends - Hope and Darcy Pawlak to put on a big shindig at the Church. Btw - I didn't link them because they do not have a blog. Yes, that's right folks, we have some blog groupies on our hands so beware. You may not see them, you certainly won't read them, but they can see you. In fact, they are looking at you right now. "Your on the computer aren't you?" asks Hope. "Yyyyyes" your shaky voice responds. Told ya.

Anyways, we're putting on a party at the church, for the church, because of the church. It should be fun. After all, what's more fun then missing the battle of Alberta and drinking water out of the church fountain - aka "the place that's rather convenient to spit your gum." Oh I'm kidding of course, I'm excited, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be more excited if I was Catholic. Scroll to the P.S. now if you don't understand this joke.

I'm excited about 2007. 2006 was the most challenging year in my life as well as the life of many friends of ours. I don't know what it was about this year but man, it was a doozy.
So, I'm hopeful that 2007 will bring new things and better times.

Plus I really really hope I can figure out this Flickr thing. I'd like to be able to post it on my side bar, like Benj and Jeremy sept I can't figure it out. So perhaps someone could give me a hand. Like Benj or Jeremy. Or smart alecky Kamara.

Happy New Year!

John

P.S. If I was Catholic, there'd be wine in the church fridge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite. But who needs to drink when you can play poker with Mark and listen to the sweet sounds of Peter Mahr...."You can put it in the win column!" It was a pretty good night. Not Disneyland but still good.

jerms said...

on the flickr website...search for a "flickr html badge" and put it into your html code for your page.
hope that helps.

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

You're the man Jeremy.

Thanks.

John

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nic said...

sometimes the blogs that have no topic at all, can mean the most.. and yes, i certainly do understand.

with love,
nic