Saturday, October 07, 2006

Gridblog #4 Thankfulness

Well, I could go on forever I'm sure, but I'll try and keep this to a bearable length. Right now I'm watching Ethan and John (and Hugo) playing soccer outside and I'm thankful for that. Alexa's playing with Harley, laughing her hearty, jolly old elf laugh- how can I not be thankful for that? Maddie's on her bunk bed reading her latest book, which I'm sure we'll hear about later- again, so thankful. As for the details, basically the same as John's list (except for kissing myself- I don't do that) and I'm very thankful our lists are so similar, because it would suck if I loved reading and he loved, say, pressing flowers and the only thing we could talk about would be books on pressing flowers, or pressing flowers in books. I'm thankful that my parents are quite silly and that my brother's so smart and that it's cold outside so we can start having fires in our fireplace soon. I'm thankful for our friends. I'm thankful that my pumpkin pies turned out and that I can be a part of my kid's education and that there may be a glimmer of hope to stop global warming. I'm thankful that I have a hard time with the word blessed and John gets it. I'm thankful that, although not a big fan of the name Angie, I was named after a Rolling Stones song so it's all worth it. And, I'm especially thankful that John is doing the dishes right now.

Ang

3 comments:

Kamara said...

ok angie, that pressing flowers line? that was funny. you have yet to convince me that you're not hilarious.

happy thanksgiving, guys.

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Hey Kamara,

You're comments aren't working on your blog. You did not, in fact, fix it. Ang and I would love to comment so. . .fix it.

John

Kamara said...

hi again.

i fixed it. seriously. turns out i just needed to "moderate" my comments. whatever that means...

gah. blogs are so complicated.