Monday, April 28, 2008

Get Bent

It's 12:08am and I've just arrived home after sharing lagers and chicken wings with 4 remarkable 20 somethings. Tyler Butel, Nick Olson, Bonnie Casella, Eric Goud. Take a bow. This time tomorrow these 4 fearless folk will be 30000 feet up on their way to Calcutta. From there Nick is really hoping his buddy comes through because "he might have to work the night shift and he really needs to give us a ride."

For those of you who don't know, for the next 6 weeks, these Fab 4 are heading to a remote part of India to help Ray McMillan and his mission. To me, these guys are living examples of the kind of thing I wrote about in my previous post. Instead of doing the SECURE thing (working) they are using $4000+ of their own money to invest in something much bigger then conventional wisdom. In short, they are living their lives. And I have nothing but respect for each one of them. Nice job guys. I pray dozens follow in your footsteps.

John

P.S. Speaking of security, this morning I announced my resignation to the church. We've decided to follow our dreams and travel the world for a year. We leave September 20! I'll write about it soon.

3 comments:

Brian said...

What exciting news for all of you. If you don't mind I'll be living vicariously through all of you. Keep us posted. Much love.

Tyler said...

thanks for the shout-out. kolkata says hi.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Wow! that's big...but good! I'm looking forward to where the Journey takes you! Exciting stuff, isn't it!?