Friday, April 20, 2007

How big is your foot?

Take this Quiz. It only takes 5 minutes. It'll tell you your "ecological footprint" or how much of the planet's resources you consume. Respecting the environment is a huge value of mine yet based on my answers, if everyone lived like me, we would need 3.2 more planets. I consume 5.7 hectares. The average Canadian consumes 8.8.

Part of me feels relieved that I'm at least below average but the other part of me feels ashamed, as obviously there is much more I need to do, or not do.

Grid Blog post will be forthcoming. . .

John

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

I don't know about earth feet. But I have asked this question before. I had a girl that I work with go ask another girl how big her feet were. I mean she was way shorter than me and her feet seemed - well really really big. I just for some reason just needed to know!
I guess this isn't really the same thing your talking about eh?

cy said...

hi john,

did the questionair a bunch of times, and they obviously make a lot of assumptions based on what country you're from. i did it based on reality here in scotland, and i still beat the utopian ideal in saskatchewan. far too simplistic.