Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sigh

I woke up this morning to an article in the Calgary Herald entitled "Salvation in a bottle." Naturally I was excited at such a spiritual ad. While I read my playful cynicism turned angry as I realized that once again Christians had found a new and creative way to make asses out of themselves. Note: John is using asses in the biblical sense so please don't fear for his relationship with God. It's still great, as far as John knows.

Here's the basic gist: Some bozos in America have bottled ordinary everyday H2o and then prayed over it - thus making it holy. So simple yet so freakin moronic.

Apparently the inventor had a "spiritual experience" and felt the Holy Spirit was leading him
to. . . the. . .bottled water industry. Apparently if you look closely on the bottle it says the following:

Caution: May cause burning, intense heat, skin irritations, rashes, nausea and vomitting.

When asked by the reporter "then why would anyone drink it" - which is not a bad question, good job reporter dude - the creator of the bottle said "Those symptoms will only be found in the lives of sinners."

Score another one for the Kingdom of God. Cha Ching.

Sigh.

John

P.S. I'll link the article when it becomes available online.

P.P.S. This rip was in no way connected with the long standing Catholic tradition of Holy water, very different.

5 comments:

Tyler said...

who ever the inventor was, he has to be from the South.

maybe they will start selling Jesus sandwiches and Salvation chips too. That's what I call a Lord's Supper.

The Ashby's said...

New topic Idea John... did you happen to see the news thing on ABC about Jesus of Suburbia. All i can say is WOW, how does a guy like this get power?

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2925021&page=1

Ryan said...

That's convenient, I wish God would give me a sign that could make me rich without any effort on my part.

Roy said...


Here
is a link to an article about the water

Nic said...

how do you get holy water?

boil the hell out of it.

but Ty's 'The Lords Supper' was pretty good too.