Monday, March 05, 2007

Goodness

Such a great weekend I had.

My talks were fine but the best part was seeing some of my most favorite people in the world. My big brother Allen, Blair, Wandering J and even Jeremy was there getting a fancy new tatoo and yes, I was the first person to see it. Take that Nic. Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah. I got extended coffee times with all of them and they were blessed for sure. I mean I was blessed. We were blessed. Blessed were we. Love those guys.

The weekend highlight was seeing my brother. I've looked up to the guy my entire life, still looking up in fact, and so to share the stage with him while we talked about "the kingdom of God" was so good. You must understand, next to Angie, Al is the greatest person in the world besides being a very talented preacher so it was an honor and a joy yapping alongside him. Sharing his stage. Besides that, there isn't anyone I laugh as much with. "Walk away Joel, Walk away." Ha Ha. Love ya man.

Another highlight was driving down and back with this man. Although he's called John Smith there's nothing generic about this man and that's what I love most about him. He's completly original, like a mooing duck, and that's hard to find. Besides his originality he's the real deal. He makes everyone around him feel a couple feet taller (which sucks for him because he's already a shortie, ha) but I think that's the best kind of guy. He's also doing great work as the head preach in Red Deer.
I also enjoyed my fellow travelers, Selena Smith, "a biologically sound" girl and daughter to the above man plus Russ Ferris and his kiddos Val and Landon. Although I'm sure they're not reading this I still wanted to give them a shout out. They're all pretty sweet.

Lots of goodness this weekend. Lots of goodness to come.

All things that make life what it should be.

John

5 comments:

chelsey said...

i appreciate your movie quotes. too bad we couldn't have been in regina this past weekend. i'm sure we would've been at the top of your list. maybe not before allen, but def before blair. for sure.

Kamara said...

jeremy told me that he got to see you and i thought of that time that we went for breakfast.

jerms said...

priceless weekend. thanks man.

Anonymous said...

Mark and I were kickin' ourselves about not being there. I really wish I could have heard some of it. Glad it went well. I'll call ya soon.

Brian

Nic said...

whatever john.....

i've got nothing.