Sunday, January 21, 2007

honeymooners

John and I were the recipients of the world's greatest gift- one night and one day of free babysitting. Of course you understand that we love our kids, but let me just clarify... one night and one day of free babysitting. We had our airmiles movie tickets- pretty much the only thing airmiles seem to be good for, so we went to Children of Men. Now I wish there was a way for me to express just how amazing this movie is, but I don't see any flashing, confetti spewing button on my key board, so just take my plain old word for it. Amazing movie. We hung out at Mcnally Robinson the next day, ate lunch, and spent the afternoon at the museum. Sometimes we do these things with the kids, but when it's just two adults it's a completely different experience altogether. Less Stop running! Don't break that! and more Was that a nice cool breeze that swirled by, or just my refreshed personality?

So, thanks to Darcy and Hope for the weekend- we owe you one!

Ang

2 comments:

Aisling said...

Have heard great things about this movie. Nominiated for an Oscar for 'Writing - Adapted Screenplay'!! Will definitely see it at some point. My problem is there's so many great movies (great for different reasons) and trying to pick the ones I want to see first and on the big screen.

Nice of D&H to give you some time to yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Anytime Ang, and by anytime I mean about twice a year I could handle that! It was great fun to have your kids!

Hope