Friday, December 22, 2006

Go Annanias

I just got finished watching Kermit the Fro, I mean Larry King Live and tonight's guest was Joel Osteen. If you've never heard of him picture a young Mr. Rogers with a mullet and you'll be close. Oh yeah, also picture the reddest neck this side of hickville. The guy is credited with leading the largest church in North America, but he's also been called "the great evangelical kindergarten teacher" - which I found funny because as I listened to him speak and especially answer Larr's questions I wondered if Ethan would have faired better.

Now I'm not usually the cynical type, especially the kind who makes fun of others, *John averts his eyes and shuffles his feet* but seriously the guy is dumb and I mean DUMB like "I lost a game of scrabble to a bag of hammers" dumb.

Now I can forgive dumb but what I can't forgive is The Prosperity Gospel. If anything is heretical today, thad be it.

Near the end of the program Kermit asked Mr. Osteen if he had signed a new book deal? Osteen said yes. Kermy said "How much was it worth, cause I heard 13 mill." Osteen said "Well its confidential so I can't really say but it was a huge amount of money so bless me?"

Bless me?!?!?!? Bless me?!?!?!

Go Annanias!

John

P.S. Although I've referred to Larry as Kermit in this post, I respect him very much and actually quite enjoy his program its just. . .well. . .dang - the man looks like a frog.

No comments: