Saturday, September 23, 2006

bookish

I'm almost done 100 Years of Solitude (whew, sweaty brow). I'm an admittedly slow reader. I like to say it's because I savour every moment, but let's be honest- I'm just plain slow. John's some kind of speed reader and he likes to make a big production of looking over my shoulder to see what page I'm on while muttering something about how he's on page 364 or some other big bookish number. That's when I pull out the I'm savouring card. He did bring up the point that if we read a book a week for the rest of our lives we would only be able to read 3,000 and some books, which he found really depressing and I found exhausting. I could maybe read an Archie comic about as fast as John reads Marcus Borg (who I love, but plod through like a tortoise). Anyway, I'm scouring the unread books on our bookshelf and the many, many I want to read on amazon, trying to decide on my next venture. Kind of leaning towards To Kill a Mockingbird or Archie's Double Digest.
Tea's ready, kid's are playing outside, Hugo's chewing something he's allowed to- time to read!

Ang

No comments: