Sunday, August 27, 2006

Y I Blog

3 months ago, Leah and Craig, ok Leah introduced me to a little thing called blogging. Craig was there, its just Leah was the loudest. Which I know seems unusual but still. . . I only agreed because. . .well there she was on my computer barking out questions wanting my password, secret handshake and a "cool name" for this blog forcing me to either comply or kick her. . .out of my house, at least out of my computer chair. I did neither and before I knew it people were going to the John. Apparently I only do what others tell me to do. Like the other day I was on this bridge and I jumped off because I read somewhere that Jeremy did. It was wierd and cold and never happened. I would jump though, if Jeremy asked me to.

The thing with Leah is, she always seems to know what's best for me and so for the past few months I have been licking egg off my face as I've grown to love this blogging thing. Even too much my wife says. Whatever Ang. Ms. "I'm too cool for school."

Heather McMillan was at our church this morning, apparently the quality of preaching at her other church was not up to par. I guess we're all left to ponder why. . . JK. Anyways, Heather and I got talking which is important because the last time Heather and I talked, in person I mean, was oh I don't know 3, 5, 7 yrs ago? Now that's not because I don't like Heather, its certainly not because Heather doesn't like me, I mean cmon, its me we're talking about, I'm sooooooo rad. Its because we never seem to be in the same place at the same time. In fact, I can go down my link list and most of the names are people I haven't spoken face to face to, for years. Back to Heather, so I walk up to her and I'm all like "hey Heather, great to see you." Her response was "Hey John, I read your blog all the time." Which made me feel good and frightened. Almost like - oh cool, she cares about me and oh crap, I hope I haven't written anything that has offended her? My guess is, probably not, if she still reads. Anyways the point of all this is, Heather will tell you its Heather, the point is her, but I think the point of all this is - I blog because it is my only link (pun intended) into people like Heather's life. And Heather's just one example. I think of Leah and Craig, Pete and Chels, Tim, Blair, Dave, Jeremy, Tyler, Jason, Carly, Kamara, Trav, Steve, Joel, Anya not to mention all my family members plus tons of other friends that I now know what's going on in their life and its all because we just happen to be crazy enough to put ourselves on the internet for the whole world to read, and see. One of my friends who shall remain nameless has recently questioned this whole blogging thing, wondering if its worth it, or just plain gay. I don't think its gay and believe me I know gay. "Innapropriate John, even if you're just joking." Sorry pops. Although, would it have been appropriate if I wasn't joking? Yeh, probably not. Anyways, you may be my friend Mr. Gamble but I disagree. I think blogging is sooo worth it. How worth is it John? Sooooo worth it. Ha. Anyways, I think it is. I hope you do to.

John

P.S. You are cordially invited to join Tim, Dave , Jeremy and I think Blair to our Friday discussians. This coming Friday we will be talking about the bible which I hear is pretty good and if the book is half as good as those Halmark old testament videos we'll all be in for a treat.

7 comments:

Steve said...

See MY blog for a rebutal......

dave said...

so what, you want us to buy you some cake that says "Happy 3 Months!" or something??

pssh, whatever john. get off the ego-trip.


but i'm with you. if it weren't for blogs, i would never stay in touch with.... brian mclaren... my old buddy. what??

Anonymous said...

Gotta get in on this one too. Go to my blog to read 'Why I Blog'.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=84532900&blogMonth=8&blogDate=27&blogYear=2006

*Just copy/paste. If you can't see the whole link, my blog page is listed under John/Angie's links as 'Aisling'.*

Anonymous said...

Y I blog - very good use of letters as words john... whatever the reasons, I'm thankful that you and Ang do blog - it provides a way to connect that we wouldn't otherwise have, whether it's discussing deep topics or hearing about new pets and kids growing up, which I would argue is just as important... it's worth it for me.

Davis Family said...

I often wonder how does Angie do it?
Roberta

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

so glad we got you addicted to your on-line friends...

Anonymous said...

[... ] is other relavant source on this topic[...]
http://loans-rate.info/