Monday, August 28, 2006

We're all losers

I recently read Tim's blog loser and felt sure that everyone who has an ounce of honesty in them could relate. To feeling disconnect, but also to feeling like a loser. I sort of invite a certain distance because I'm shy, so that's my excuse and my comfort blanket (as thin and shabby as it may be- aww, sad little blanket). But it seems that even the not so shy types often feel the same way- perhaps it feels a little more chilly, though, because they don't have my shy blanket (I'm willing to share- all you have to do is avoid glances and conversations with people you haven't known for more than 10 years and *presto* shyness!) Certainly we can all relate to the loser condition, as well. We just learn to either hide it or, hopefully, embrace it as adults. A short list of some usually well hidden loser-esque qualities of mine:
1) I listen to Alanis Morissette every time I go to work out (OK, so it's not very often. But still.)
2) I forget important details like my age and the years my kids were born when under any semblence of pressure (don't even ask me their birth weights- please)
3) I find myself tapping along to Days of Elijah even though I have no idea what it means and if I did, whether or not I would agree with it (riding on a cloud? seriously? what- surfer style? bare back?)
4) I have brilliant made up conversations in my head (I can be clever when no one's around, trust me)
5) I talk myself through everything "Let's see, I'll add 2 cups of flour, like so....now let's grab the butter, throw it in the old mike..." You may say, but, Angie. It's just you. What's with the let's? That's just wierd. Well, you're right. It is wierd.
6) I would rather shop for books and pajamas then clothes and home decor
and
7) I make rather personal lists about myself and post them on my husband's blog even though I'm shy
The list is longer, but I have to stop at some point and that point is now. And the other point is that I'm a loser, too.
Ang

8 comments:

Kristi said...

You are not a loser. It is a blessing to have you apart of our family. Everyone has quirks but that makes us special, not losers. Thats my sister-in-law cheer up speech for today. Love you Ang!

Kristi

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Thanks Kristi. I'll send the $20 later, but remember this is just between you and me, Ang would be mortified if she found out.

John

Anonymous said...

We love you despite all your little quirks (or what you think are quirks) Ang.

p.s: Johnny, you can keep my $20.00. I'd say nice things about Ang for free. For nice things about you, it'd cost about $100!! (per word) j/k :) Love ya too.

A.

dave said...

man, i wish i knew earlier on that it was you writing that one and not john... i was like "john listens to alanis morisette???"... but somehow i feel like its not as bad if its you. but if it was john... oh man... he'd be dead meat.

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

So, what you're telling me is you thought John was shy? I think that's crazier than John listening to Alanis Morissette! Although, I am thankful he doesn't.
Ang

Jordan said...

No, no... John would never listen to anything as embarassing as Alanis Morisette. He prefers Backstreet Boys. ;-)

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

not the Backstreet Boys! they are sooo 90's!
John loves NKOTB!! he used to sing alll their songs - and still does when he's driving his van...

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

You blokes are all wrong.

My heart belongs to Mizpah.