Tuesday, August 08, 2006

vacation closing

Our Vancouver Island visit is almost over (tears), but it's been a great time. We've been to Saltspring Island (I could move there tomorrow if John was cool with it), Rathtrevor beach (beautiful place with very silly name- always makes me think of the wrath of Trevor- and who the heck is Trevor?), Chemainus (in spite of small amounts of manufactured charm, I did go to highschool there and it does have delicious baked goods), and Transfer beach, where we visited Martin and Ronni and their kiddos. It was great to see them- the kids jumped right back in to being best buddies! Then there's the walks on the beach and the mountain views- I love this place! Of course, my parents and grandparents and 4 siblings and 2 foster siblings have joined us on our excursions, so we're basically a small travelling village, creating havoc wherever we go. People always enjoy a good spectacle, though, and I think a good plan would be to sell tickets to come and view the world's largest and loudest family. Everyone thinks our kids get their "rambunctiousness" from John, but they would be wrong. My quiet demeanour is a gift to those who are not a part of my immediate family. Be greatful. We haven't spent much time at home, but when we do, John is playing street hockey outside with his "new friends" (aka- all the neighbourhood kids), which is good because then he goes to bed with out fuss and doesn't have all that pent up energy. (If I was an icon user, I would insert sideways smiley face here, but I'm not. I'm not a user!!!) We've also been watching mystery science theater- so funny we cry!
Something else totally hillarious that my brothers introduced me to: tiny plaid ninjas. Enjoy!
Ang

5 comments:

Kristi said...

When do you guys go home? Allen was asking me.

Love Kristi

Tyler said...

i don't know whats worse...you guys blogging on holidays, or me checking your blog when I know you're on holidays. ahh. i guess i just love you that much. if you liked those ninja's, i would also suggest www.whiteninjacomics.com. very funny stuff. see you soon hopefully.

Anya said...

oh guys... Tears, and envy (even though I only left the island a week and 2 days ago myself). I wish I could move there too - and I didn't know you went to highschool in Chemainus!! I was there the last week of July - mmmm, Gelato!! My favourite store in there is Moonlighting!! what a cool little place!!

I also spent a lot of time in Ladysmith (adore it!!!) and nanaimo (too big of a city for me lol) and then of course I went to vancouver and maxed out my credit cards on Robson (consumer to the max - I'm really an advertisers dream consumer, I'm like, oooh, it's pretty, and there's a name on it - I'll pay lots of money) lol, anyways, glad you're enjoying your vacation!! Loves!

Jason said...

Hi Angi and John,
This is Nicole (Lewis) from Australia. I was so excited to find your blog! My husband and I live in Memphis, TN... Things are going well. You can check out our blog at www.jasonandnicole.blogspot.com. Have not updated in a while...but hope to soon. Would love to see more pics of your family!
I still have great memories of my time in Canada and getting to know you!
--Nicole

Anonymous said...

HI Ange and John, you were all the way out here and you didn't visit Ucluelet, Tofino or Long Beach:). (thats where I live) My sister Crystal sent me your blog said I would laugh and I did. Puppy's are great!!

Angela Atkinson (Downton)