Thursday, August 03, 2006

2 days

So, I turn 30 in 2 days. That means I have 48 hrs to end off my 20's in a way I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Here's my ideas:

- Train for the marathon I am running on. . .Saturday.
- Try out for the Oilers (they do need a defenseman)
- Learn how to play defense
- Donate a body part
- Have tea with the Queen (not you Angela darling, the smokin British one, no, not smokin like "Man the queen's hot" but smokin like -"Man the queen smokes lots of cigarettes")
- Write an autobiography -"Close Encounters with me, John."
- Buy a sports car, drive into the city, sit at red lights, and bob my head knowingly, winking at proper intervals. Race slower cars.
- Skydive
- Climb a mountain (figurative or literal)
- Get drunk (wouldn't be the first time. JK dad. Or am I?)
- Start a bad habit. Oops already done that. Dang this blogging.
- Dress in black and tear up at inconvenient times.
- Go fishing for compliments so I can convince myself that I still got it (do you guys think that was funny? Cause I didn't. . .But if you did. . )
- Get a tatoo (wait a second, the olsons and blair aren't 30, what the heck?)
- Get a tatoo of Blair and the Olsons

And on that note:

I'm going to go take a nap. Wake me up when August ends. Hmm. . . that could be a cool song.

John

P.S. I was kidding Dad. No need to worry. Besides wine doesn't count. Even Jesus drank it. After all what's with all the "if a man has a 2 by 4 sticking out of his eye and he's sreaming at a man with a sliver stuck in his eye he shouldn't judge" talk. Clearly he was off his game. A little tipsy perhaps. Or maybe I'm wrong and will be struck by

7 comments:

xblairx said...

i'll get you drunk on my fist...in your face...

p.s.-get the tattoo with my left profile, i look much better from that side.

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

So say's your left side. . .

Anonymous said...

Blogging while on vacation...now THAT'S a bad habit!!!

Have fun...and again...welcome to the club (on Saturday).

A.

Kristi said...

I am never shocked by your blogs. What does that say about bro? Kidding!! Hope the holiday is going well. Check out my blog tomorrow. Love ya!

dave said...

hey,
one time i learned in Sunday School,

that Jesus drank non-alcoholic wine.

and when he made wine, it was non-alcoholic.

no seriously. (not, "no seriously, i learned that", but "no seriously, that's what he did")

so think about THAT before you go using him to justify your debauchery. you debaucher. you de bauch, man.

jerms said...

call me. ill come for the tattoos and skydiving.

Steve said...

The Oilers also need goalies that comb their hair (or have a full head of hair to comb), forwards, and wives for the current players that are willing to stay in town.....hahahaha

Enjoy the holiday....