Wednesday, November 29, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did my part for the environment and braved the -30 something to make the trek to Superstore for some much needed Drano (which totally cancels out my pollution free walk, I know). The kids now know that throwing a full roll of toilet paper into a nice warm bath doesn't make the parents happy. Live and learn, I suppose. John reminded me not to embarass the family as I headed out in my huge puffy layers and huge puffy boots, but it was all worth it because I made him promise to have the fire going and the coffee on for when I got back. Plus all day inside with three kids is fun...to a point. My nose went numb, my eyelashes froze and the icy air burned my lungs, but what can I say, I'm very dedicated to the cause of freeing clogged drains. Even if it means doing the penguin walk to avoid slipping on the road in front of dozens of cars and the awkward half body pivot whenever you need to glance to the side. So I get there and discover a miracle of sorts, and it's called the One Second Plumber. It's my new favourite thing. Works better than Drano and no toxic chemicals, plus it smells good. I can't wait for the next clogged drain, because look out. Seriously, I'm like a walking commercial. John got tired of hearing about that stinking one second plumber already, so here I am. Blogging. One Second Plumber. A bath tub's best friend.

Ang

2 comments:

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Sexiest penguin I've ever seen.

Laurie said...

Sounds like a fun and interesing COLD day!

I have to say, my 2 yr. old has tried many things in the bathtub......climbing up and grabbing the bar of soap, or face wash, or bottle of shampoo and pretty much pouring it down the drain or pulling all the hand towels and washclothes into the tub with her! But hey, if she ever tries a roll of toilet paper, I'll know what to buy to declog the drain LOL!
Just found your blog, guys! Hope all is well! We are expecting baby number 4! Pretty excited around here. Hope all is well. take care!
Laurie (and Rolland)