Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Oilers

Man what a difference 3 minutes makes. The Euphoria I felt when Glencross scored was nothing compared to the heartbreak I felt when the buzzer sounded and it was still 3-2. Even after Nolan scored I totally believed we were going to tie it up, we sure had our chances.

The hardest part for me was knowing we were the better team last night and because of that, I felt we deserved the win. Tanguay said in today's paper "the Oilers dominated us." I agree.

Hemsky's injury was unfortunate but after a year of 350 man games lost to injury including our Captain, Goalie, Top Defensemen and Scorer, not all that surprising.

In the end, life goes on. Sigh. 2 years, no playoffs. Sigh. And so, I look to the brightside "all the players get to go home to their families." That was Angie's way of trying to brighten my mood this morning. Thanks dear. I feel loads better.

So. . .as promised - Go HABS!

John

3 comments:

xblairx said...

sorry man. i was rooting for them as well. i would way rather them make the playoffs than nakedville or crap-o-rado. oh well. i know there is no consolation, but think of the future man. so young and so good. another dynasty in the works perhaps...?

Nic said...

glad you are true to your word.
i watched that last game, and i cheered edmonton, just for you.
sorry that roloson is still alive. although by the way he played, i couldn't really tell.

habs until june.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

I'm with ya, John! I honestly never thought I'd say it but I'm all in for the Habs!