Saturday, January 12, 2008

They are right

I never saw the movie What's Up Chuck, but it's ok, because now I know. It's what my wife did last night, Maddie 2 nights before that and Ethan 2 before that. Only Lex and I have stayed gag free, although in saying that I may have just jinxed things. Hopefully not because tomorrow's a packed day for me and ralphing on the parishioners is not as classy as it sounds.

They say you don't know what you've got till it's gone. It's so true and if They were here I'd pat them on the kaboose and say "good call sailor, you can ride coach with me anytime."
Today, Angie's been "gone" so to speak and I really haven't known what to do. Ususally she does that and that and that.

For instance, she's Ms. Chipper - she waltzes around our house flashing her smile whilst bringing joy to the tator tots. I am not Ms. Chipper. I'm not even Mr. Chipper. I like chips. That's it. She also knows how to make hot chocolate. A dash of this and a dash of that and presto - winter becomes merry. The kids wanted some of that winter magic today and all I could do is heat up some water and offer them tea. Then there's the dishes, they pile up so quick. . .and the laundry, gees we wear lots of stuff and here's the worst part - its playoff time in the NFL and guess how much I've been able to watch - exactly. One quarter. The point is, I miss my wife (so far for all the wrong reasons but if I listed the right ones you'd all think I was corny. . .or gross, right? Right? Right?)

Time to get better babes, the family needs you.

John

P.S. Right?

4 comments:

chelsey said...

peter and i are both suffering from the flu right now... and we're hoping that Eva stays gag-free!

Anonymous said...

Angie is so lucky to have a family who appreciates all the little things she does!
Hope

Anonymous said...

I just wrote my own post about family sickness... but I'll take fever over upchuckingness anyday... as we used to say in the 90's... sucks to be you.

Jonathan Storment said...

Hey John, I have been reading through some of your previous blogs. I am so glad to hear that you are an Arrested Development fan. Isn't it great? I have bookmarked your blog now, so I will be checking up on you guys often.
About your booklist, I have read Blink and A year of living Biblically and I really liked both. Have you heard of Saved from Sacrifice? It's a thick read but good so far. Also The Divine Embrace by Robert Webber, had to read it for class, but a great book! Hope your wife is better!