Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Must See TV

Man. LOST ended its 3rd season tonight with the best finale I've ever seen. I'm already wondering how I'm going to last until next fall. I'm not sure what to make of my addiction. Do I continue to shoot up so as long as I practice moderation or too I throw away the syringe and play cards instead? Harsh metaphor my wife chirps and I have to agree but still, is it really that far off? Must see TV. Must. See. Hmm.

And then there's American Idol. Speaking of addiction. 75 million voted last night?!?!?! I actually watched much of this season even though I found the contestants a degree better then 1994's Sonshine. No John, its not mistake, we really believe you have potential as a tenor. Uh huh. Melinda was cool and I actually cheered for her, mostly because she always seemed genuinely surprised to be on the show which convinced me she was either really humble or astonishly stupid but now she's gone. As I type the Finale hums in the background. I already know Jordin wins, thanks to Yahoo, but still Idol blares away mostly because Dave Turn me over and check if I'm still breathing cuz I'm on the most popular show on TV for the second time in month - is once again accompanying his terrific 26. But that's not the only reason.

I also read Green Day performs tonight. Green Day on American Idol? Are you friggin joking? That is honestly just as surprising as finding out Jack was a flash forward tonight. I hate to judge my man Billy A but what??? Apparently the cliche is true, we all have our price. Still if 1997 Billy met 2007 Billy in an alley, I'm pretty sure the former would kick the latters blank.

Its remarkable really when you consider how into a show we can get. I remember joking with Ang years ago saying "I miss Jack" referring of course to Mr. Bauer although I guess it also works with Lost. Still, its amazing how your mind can actually convince you that the characters you must see every week are real. We all know they're not but our beating heart and tears sure are.

I know I know you're all bracing for it. The Reverend is about to sky dump on Hollywood. Nah, I'm not. To do that would be incredibly hyprocritical not to mention wrong. Actually Dr. James, I don't believe Hollywood is waging war on the family. And cool post modern preacher, I don't believe Hollywood is getting more spiritual. Hollywood is in the business of making money not morals, that my friends is our job. Yours and mine. Mine and yours. Ours.

Hmm, Ryan just gave Jordin and Blake a mustang each. Apparently AI doesn't think 76 milllion screaming fans is enough, then need to go from 0-60 in under 10 too.

I haven't written in a while so sorry if this is a bit scattered but it feels good to be back banging these squares.

Enough about media although I plan to read this book real soon. I read the first 10 pages in Chapters the other day and have had to mousse my neck hair ever since. I also saw Shrek 3 on Monday and once again I laughed louder then the kids. Sigh.

Before I sign off, I should update you on things that matter. Angie is as amazing as ever as she schools our kids and makes me feel better then I know I am. Maddison enters her final year of single digits this July, Ethan plays soccer two days a week and the other day we had to get the jaws of life to pry me off of Alexa's little finger. Again. Oh yes, before I forget, Hugo's doing great Jeremy, he turns 1 next month and is huge. Jack and Rusty are still alive.

As for me, I am ending my 6th year of youth ministry which means 2 things. I'm old and gees I'm old. Things at the church are going wel - oh man Dave's choir just came out, just a sec. Wow, they are something special. I still can't believe they are coming to Calgary CofC July 29th. Two performances by the way, 930am and 11. Hope to see you there.

Shutup Sanjayya. Bring on Billy A.

John

P.S. I was just about to push publish when Ryan announced Green Day. His song's for Darfur. Ok, I take it back. Still in an alley, he'd be finished.

6 comments:

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Not sure what all you said, but the part about LOST being the best season finale ever - I agree!

Tara

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

How cool that I actually know what TV show you are talking about. A friend downloads it every week and we couldn't believe the ending...but haven't you heard?! you have to wait until Feb.'08 to see the next season?! they are making EVERYONE wait!...
can't wait to see Shrek 3 - out in a couple of weeks in Korea

Aisling said...

Blake was robbed. FIX, I say, FIX!! :o) So glad this season of AI is over. Now on to CI with the hopes that the talent is better than this year's AI was.

Going to see POTC3 on Monday with Pheebs! SO excited.

As for the season finales, Gilmore Girls - BOOOO!!! (not enough closure - needed to be 2 hours); Grey's Anatomy - Awesome! Heroes - Huh? What just happened? So built up, but what a let-down.

Tyler said...

Ladies and Gentlemen....JOHN CLOSE!

It must be slow at work considering the length of your blog.

I got so lost in lost that I had to stop watching it. maybe someday I will get the DVD's and get addicted to.

good reading you again.

T.

dave said...

i know what you mean about melinda... she seemed genuinely surprised and excited to meet the kids, she came over almost as soon as we had arrived to our dressing room, where as some people just kinda ran in to us backstage and are like "ok, which way is the camera?"

props to doug e. fresh though, he was nice. i walked in on someone trying to explain to him why the kids had no idea who he was or what "hip hop" is.

hmmm... next gridblog? "What Hip Hop Is/Isn't..."

Brian Charla said...

I'm lost?

We've been watchin' old 9 minute smurf shows on youtube. Fun Fun

Brian