Friday, March 16, 2007

Congo Lines

I dropped Mr. Hugo off at the vet today. The last few weeks have seen his frequent "introductions" to the children, dancing as Maddison calls it, and so Ang and I decided it was finally time for his "demascunilization." That being said, it has been entertaining watching him initiate congo lines in the hallway. Ha Ha. So funny. The best part is the kids are totally unaware that their pet is in fact not dancing but actually trying to get jiggy with them. Many a time Angie has yelled for me to "do something" but its difficult to be Alpha dog when your in hysteria. So funny. . . and so hard to yell "Hugo, no."

Anyways, as I type he is probably drifting off to sleep completely unaware that his friendly neighborhood vet is at this very moment slicing off all hopes of Congo in the future. At first I thought that we were sons of Lucifer for actually paying someone to do this to our Hugo but as I've read I've discovered its actually the best thing for his future health.
I'm sure Hugo would disagree. In fact, If he could talk I can just imagine the earful I would recieve.

Hugo: Wait, you knew about this?
Me: Well, yeah, but. . .
Hugo: What the heck, you're serious? You actually knew about this.
Me: Hey, its for your own good. The book said. . .
Hugo: The book? What book?
Me: Golden Retriever for Dummies.
Hugo: You cut off my manhood because a book for dummies told you to? (Growls turns into bites)
Me: (panicing) Ouch. Stop it. No Hugo! Listen, if it makes you feel better, Angie made me do the same thing?
Hugo: (growls) Liar.
Me: I'm not lying, just stop it.
Hugo: You're serious.
John nods.
Hugo:
(laughing begins)
Me: What's so funny?
Hugo: (laughing continues) Nothing MASTER, or should I say, little man. (Hysterical now)
Me: Just get in the car.

John

4 comments:

Scrawney John Smith said...

Now aren't you glad God didn't make circumcision binding for animalsin the old law?! Who knows what explaining we'd have to do to our children (those of us who have pets). Sometimes I'm really glad I only have a fish.

Laurie said...

I had to laugh out loud! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Hope you are all doing well!

2-minute mark said...

john, thats the funniest thing i have heard all day. thanx, i needed it!

Davis Family said...

I have figured out how to comment again - I just don't think this is a topic I wish to comment on!