Tuesday, October 24, 2006

things

We did it! The great big splurge of a life time! We decided that new floors would be pretty, but a trip here would be fun. And fun is always better than pretty. The big day is February 10, which I am fully aware is 4 months away, but still I can't stop thinking about it and obsessively checking it out. For example, did you know that there's a parade every day and you can actually have breakfast with Mickey himself? That one I thought might be a little awkward, but the fact that they offer the service is very thoughtful (in a let's sqeeze out another drop kind of way). The kid's and I are making one of those big shot, newsroom calenders where you tear off a page each day. It's very important that you do this with flourish. 109 days!

What happened was this. We were spending John's days off driving around the city, price checking and getting ideas for some renos on our house and it hit us. We're not even into this stuff! Sure, let's fix Ethan's holey, hanging by a hinge door and of course we need to replace our windows that don't shut, or don't open- take your pick. I've still got my fingers crossed on getting a dishwasher. But trying to chose whether we wanted hardwood or a soaker tub, a new fence or a new couch just felt a little.....boring. Those are nice things, don't get me wrong, but in the end you're still walking on a floor, sitting by a fence, soaking in a tub (guesse we do alot of relaxing). So, we followed the advice of a good friend:

Invest in memories, not things.

Besides, I can always stick John on dish detail.

Ang

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How fun! That will be a blast! We are going to wait until Connor is six or seven and then do the big disney trip. I am so excited for you. I agree memories are so much more important than things.

Love Kristi