Tuesday, September 26, 2006

sad little pots

I started pottery class last night and really haven't felt less artistic in quite some time. We were supposed to make 4 pinch pots, which, for me, became 2 crooked bowls, a very flat lopsided "creamer" and a plate that wasn't supposed to be a plate at all. I totally loved it and have big plans of becoming a potter known world wide for her uniquely flawed wares. I'll have to come up with a slogan- "Imperfect, like us". OK, that's dumb. No one would buy that. Maybe, "Imperfect, like that guy over there". Anyway, it was alot of fun to have a night out that doesn't involve looking for good deals on peanut butter or pretending I don't know those three crazy kids, boy someone should get control- ever heard of parenting? Of course I'm glad the kids have spunk and personality and I wouldn't want it any other way (except for sometimes, like during weddings or prayer time in church). Today we were making books about people who made the world more beautiful and Maddie chose Picasso , Ethan chose Tchaikovsky and Alexa chose Jesus. I don't like to compare, but...
While I was at pottery class, John and the kids took Hugo to puppy class. He's now learning to heel, come and mine on top of his sit, stand and down. I was supposed to go over it with him today, but Hugo chewed up the instructions. I'm trying to piece together slobbery bits of paper and starting to feel like I may never know how mine can possibly be a command. Also, isn't it a tad rude?
On a sidenote, a book note, I'm going with Catcher in the Rye next- I read an excerpt and couldn't really believe I haven't read it before. Not even in school- isn't it required school reading? I'm also starting Heart of Christianity by Marcus Borg. I would do the fancy picture of the books we're reading thing, but I'm just not that advanced. I think they're both white, so that'll have to do for now.
Break is over, back to school!

Ang

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its rather taboo, not to mention cheesy, to commment on your own blog. . . to your own wife. . . especially when your own wife just said yesterday "please don't ever comment to one of my posts, its taboo not to mention cheesy" - well, I've tried but I can't hold back any longer. Sorry.

You're the best hon. I'd actually pay to read your stuff.

John

Aisling said...

John, at least that's better than the 'I told ya, I told ya, nanananana' I got on one of my posts from my wonderful husband!! :o)

Glad you're loving the pottery class Ang. Practice makes perfect...then again, who wants perfect!! :o)

Anonymous said...

ang, i don't think i've ever really talked to you. come to think of it, i don't think i've ever really talked to john, either - except for one time when we went for breakfast at smitty's and we made fun of the waitress cause she wasn't very good. but that's neither here nor there.

what i'm really trying to say is this: even though i've never really talked to you, i think you're hilarious. and super cool. and i love your posts.

thanks for writing.

Anonymous said...

catcher in the rye is one of the greatest books ever. just so you know what you'll be getting.
blair

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Aw, now I feel bad. You should know that I'm not funny or cool. (Although, some may agree that being a stay at home minister's wife lowers the bar signifigantly, so I may stand a shot at cool). Mostly I'm quiet. I'm the kind of girl that thinks of clever, witty things to say half an hour after talking to someone, which we all know doesn't count as being clever or witty. Very slow brain to mouth responses. So, if you ever do meet me, remember- not funny in the least. This is for Kamara, by the way.

To Blair- I have a feeling I'll be agreeing with you. We should be getting Catcher in the Rye next week from Amazon.

Ang

Anonymous said...

I've never read the book, but a lot of psycho killers have. And that says something, I suppose...

Enjoy!

Jason

Anonymous said...

Isn't Catcher in the Rye the one in Consipiracy Theory? As in the movie?