Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OK, so I've put on a few

Most of us put on a light layer of winter fat every year, right? (please say yes). Well, I started a little early this year. I decided to blame it on a combination of things, but namely our summer vacation where we mostly drank coffee and ate snacks. We did some "hiking", which basically consisted of driving up a beautiful mountain road, parking and walking 10 ft. to the view. There was a time where I could withstand 10 days of laziness and eating, but I've hit the big 30 and apparently that means don't even think about it when it comes to anything but salad and maybe some air. I'm not the only one who's noticed, either. I was wearing my I'm at home for the day, so why waste the good clothes shirt, which is....a little snug. I noticed Alexa staring. She started with a sympathy compliment- You're skinny, mom. Followed by- It's OK if your tummy sticks out a little bit, right? I thought of retaliating with- well, let's see. Who actually lived and grew to enormous sizes inside of that tummy until it stretched to the point of near bursting? Hmmmm. I decided that would win me no mom of the year awards so went with- Yeah, sticking out tummies are totally fine, right Lex? She agreed. Nothing like having a few kids to keep you humble. Back to working out for me!
Ang

4 comments:

dave said...

hey john,
tim is away,
are we writing something this friday...

email me at accdave@gmail.com if you want to.

xblairx said...

hey ang,
i have my layer as well. my problem is i didn't stop after last year's layer. i blamed it on my wife, i wanted to keep up with her as she got closer to having the baby, you know, totally selfless and loving and all that...(sarcasm for those who don't know me)So now my layer of winter fat is laid over from last years...no fat jokes dave, i know you hate me cause i am fat...


did i really just say all that...? i must be tired.

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

I like meat on my women. I mean woman. I like meat on my woman.
I mean meet. I like meeting women. I mean woman. I liked meeting my woman. I also like meat. Its good. Just like my woman. Ang. She's tasty.

Husband

xblairx said...

oh john, we have much to discuss in the ways of the female. i have a couch for when ang kicks you out if your willing to drive 7.5 hours. the commute's a bitch though...